We're pleased to offer 24/7 live chat support via our website. Using this feature you can access our staff 24/7 for help with your sales, billing or support issue.
Support = 24/7
Sales = 7am-10pm UK Weekdays
Accounting = 7am-10pm UK Weekdays
We would like to outline some guidelines to make you aware of the sort of issues we can help you with via live chat.
A good way of determining whether you should use the live chat or a support ticket is the number of messages you expect to have to send to resolve the issue or answer your queries. We recommend that anything more than around 20 messages back and forth would be answered better using a support ticket.
What we can do for you via live chat
- Answer general questions about our services, (e.g: Will you migrate my site for me? What port do I use for SSH? What are the nameservers? etc.)
- Unblock your IP after failed cPanel/WHM login attempts
- Check your nameservers or A records are set correctly and offer advice if they are not
- Attempt to fix general script issues such as permissions errors or ‘Internal Server Errors. If it involves changes to your account we may need you to authenticate it via a ticket for data protection reasons.
Due to multiple security risks and the potential for fraud we require you to open a support ticket from your client area to talk about passwords, billing or any other private information.
As a general rule if what you are asking could compromise the security of your account or is changing something in your account we cannot do it via live chat. We're considering the introduction of a suppoer pin system and this is something we're actively discussing. If this rolls out we will be able to assist with more issues via chat.
What we cannot do for you via live chat
- Change your client area password or cPanel password
- Change your Wordpress admin password as that involves changing your database
- Transfer services to another client’s account
- Sales or billing related tasks where we need to specifically talk about your account
We hope these guidelines will help you make the most of our live chat feature and more importantly, when it would be better for you to submit a support ticket.