Taking a full backup within Cpanel is really easy and we always recommend clients take their own backups. Whilst we promise best effort when it comes to our backups on shared and reseller servers we never guarantee backups with any shared hosting plan and clients buy hosting on that understanding. Taking a backup direct from your Cpanel is really simple and here is how. As always if you need any specific help with this just open a helpdesk ticket and a member of our support team will be happy to help you.
- Log into Cpanel
- Click the Backups link under the Files sub section
- Click the option to download ot generate a full website backup
- Choose a location for your backup - if you have an ftp backup account with us enter the details using the instructions provided when you signed up for our remote backup service, if you prefer to save download it and save it locally then choose the 'Home Directory' as your backup destination
- Click on the Generate Backup option
- Go away and come back in some time and refresh the page - you will now see the backup available to download
- Download the backup to your local machine and keep it safe